Chris Goward is founder of WiderFunnel and a former biochemist who spent time in advertising, seeing the dramatic need for measuring outcomes. He gives some incredible information on conversion rate optimization, squinting your eyes to see the big elements on your landing page, the best ways of testing different options, even the best color for your “buttons!”
About Chris Goward
Chris Goward is the author of You Should Test That! and the founder of WiderFunnel—the full-service marketing optimization agency that pioneered landing-page and conversion-rate optimization methods for companies such as Google, Electronic Arts, Iron Mountain, Magento and BuildDirect.com.
Chris is a frequent speaker at some of the top marketing conferences, and has also been invited to speak on behalf of companies such as Google, Magento, Citrix, MarketingProfs, Netprospex, Unbounce and Optimizely.
For starters, you’re definitely going to want to grab a copy of You Should Test That: Conversion Optimization for More Leads, Sales and Profit or The Art and Science of Optimized Marketing from Amazon or wherever you get your books.
That said, here are some links we mentioned:
- Download a free chapter of Chris’ book here.
- Check out the WiderFunnel blog
- Here are the books Chris recommended:
- Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
- Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness by Richard H. Thaler
- Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing by Roger Dooley
- How to Get People to Do Stuff: Master the art and science of persuasion and motivation by Susan Weinschenk
- One tool you can use to get started with testing and optimizing: Optimizely
- Another is the Visual Website Optimizer